Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The EIA to this date.

What a ride.

It's been several days since I last wrote, mainly because by the time I get back, I pass out. 

The first week was all about ideation and user validation. We decided to change the name from The Box to ExplorIt, which I much rather prefer.. We thought we were falling behind, but it turns out that we've caught up now. We're working on customer development, business models, prototyping, and much more this week. It's past 1 am here and I'm still up working on customer development. My team is doing great - we have to go live by the end of the week and everyone is working extremely hard to make things happen.



It's also extremely hot and humid here, so I can't fall asleep. It's been such an exhausting week and the public transportation hasn't been the best. Twice I've had buses drop me off at the wrong University. The first time, I had to walk 5 km in heels, uphill, to the dorms. The second time, I was just carrying my laptop bag and thankfully wearing flats, and only had to walk about 2.5 km. And the SMOKING. Way too much here. I've gotten a little to used to how much people smoke - kind of worrying.

Despite the craziness, it's been an amazing trip so far. I got really lucky to have a teammate with a car, so we do get to go travel all over. We went to Nice for Bastille day on Monday, which was amazing. We walked around the city, went shopping, went to the beaches - just had a great time! The beaches in Nice were quite rocky, so we also ended up in Antibes, to find some sand! We came back just in time to watch the game, creatively projected on the side of a table, while all us students gathered around it outside our dorms, in the woods. 1-0! Such a close game!



Here's to another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment